作者:小雅和英美友人

打开网易新闻 查看更多图片

◆ 能用健步机荡秋千吗?

◆ 扶、抓、转、吊,这些动作英文怎么说?

◆ “明白了、会玩了”有哪些英文说法?

Exercising at the Outdoor Gym
小区健身器材

I. Air Walker 太空漫步机

Mom: Let's go exercise at the outdoor gym!

妈妈:咱们去玩小区健身器材吧!

在英文中,小区健身器材区叫outdoor gym,即户外健身房。

Child: Okay, let's start at this station over here.

宝宝:好的,咱们先玩这边这个器材吧。

Mom: Okay.

妈妈:好的。

Good choice.

选得好。

It's called an air walker.

这个叫太空漫步机。

打开网易新闻 查看更多图片

This one helps exercise your legs and core,

它能帮助你锻炼腿部和核心,

or your tummy muscles.

也就是肚肚上的肌肉。

Put one foot in each of the foot holders.

一只脚放在一个放脚的槽里。

Good!

好的!

Child: I feel tall now!

宝宝:我现在感觉变高了!

Mom: Yeah, you are!

妈妈:嗯嗯,是的!

Now, hold on to the bar in front of you

现在扶着前面的杆,

and move your legs back and forth

两条腿前后移动,

as if you were walking.

好像在走路一样。

Very good!

非常好!

But don't go too fast

但是别太快,

or you might fall off.

要不然你该摔下来了。

Child: I've got the hang of it.

宝宝:我知道怎么玩了。

表达“明白了、会玩了”的说法一。

I can feel my legs getting a workout!

我能感觉到腿得到了锻炼!

Mom: Haha, I bet.

妈妈:哈哈,是的。

Child: Can I use it as a swing like this?

宝宝:我能拿它像这样当秋千玩吗?

打开网易新闻 查看更多图片

Mom: That's a bit dangerous

妈妈:这样有点危险,

and is the wrong way to use it.

而且是错误的使用方法。

I know children really like doing it that way,

我知道小孩都喜欢这么玩,

but you really shouldn't.

但是你们不应该这样。

II. Double Shoulder Rotation Station

双人大转轮

Mom: Ready for another one?

妈妈:准备好玩下一个了吗?

Child: Yeah!

宝宝:嗯!

Let's try the one with wheels!

咱们玩有轮子那个吧!

Mom: That is a double shoulder rotation station.

妈妈:那个是双人大转轮。

Two people can use it at once,

两个人可以同时玩,

like you and me.

比如你和我。

Since you are shorter,

你矮一些,

you should use the wheel that's closer to the ground.

你用离地面近的那个轮子吧。

I'll show you first

我先给你演示一下,

and then you try.

然后你再玩。

First, you stand facing the wheel.

首先,你面冲轮子站。

Then grab the two knobs on the wheel.

然后抓住轮子上的两个圆把手。

Child: Like this?

宝宝:这样吗?

Mom: Yes.

妈妈:是的。

When you turn,

你转的时候,

make sure you bend your upper body with the turn a little.

上身要跟着转动的方向弯一点。

You should feel the stretch in your shoulders, arms, and back.

你应该能感觉到肩部、胳膊和背部的拉伸。

Child: I got it!

宝宝:明白了!

表达“明白了、会玩了”的说法二。

I'm going to try to do 20!

我要试试做20个!

Mom: Okay.

妈妈:好的。

I'll count them.

我给你数着。

III. Pull-up and Chin-up Station

引体向上器材

Child: That station over there looks like monkey bars!

宝宝:那边那个器材看起来像云梯!

打开网易新闻 查看更多图片

Mom: Well, you do hang on to the bars,

妈妈:嗯,你也是吊在杆儿上,

but for a different reason.

但是目的不同。

This is the pull-up and chin-up station.

这个是引体向上器材。

Pull-up是正手引体向上,chin-up是反手引体向上。

On the left, you can just climb up and down it.

左边的那个,你就在上面爬爬吧。

Child: Yeah, let me try.

宝宝:好的,我试试。

I don't want to fall, though!

但是我可不想掉下去!

Mom: Don't worry --

妈妈:别担心,

I will help you get onto it

我帮你上去,

and then make sure you don't fall.

然后保护你不掉下来。

Good job!

真棒!

Child: Can I do chin-ups?

宝宝:我能做引体向上吗?

Mom: Okay, I'll pick you up.

妈妈:可以的,我把你抱起来。

Grab the bar with your palms facing towards you.

手心对着自己握住杆。

Now pull your whole body up,

把整个身体拉起来,

as if you were going to touch your chin to the bar.

就好像你要让下巴去碰杆。

Child: Got it!

宝宝:明白了!

表达“明白了、会玩了”的说法三。

Mom: Hold on,

妈妈:等一下,

I'm going to let you hang for a moment,

我让你先吊一会儿,

so you can feel your weight.

这样你能感受到自己的重量。

See how strong you have to be to complete a chin-up?

看看需要多大劲儿才能完成一个引体向上?

Child: Yeah! Very strong!

宝宝:嗯!需要好大劲儿啊!

Mom: I'll hold you from down here

妈妈:我在下面扶着你,

and you pull up.

然后你往上拉。

We'll do five.

咱们做5个。

Ready?

准备好了吗?

1...2...3...4...5.

Child: Wow, I'm heavy!

宝宝:哇,我好重啊!

Mom: Well, just keep exercising and building those muscles

妈妈:嗯,只要坚持锻炼、强健这些肌肉,

and one day you'll be strong enough to do it on your own!

总有一天你能有足够的劲儿自己做的!

IV. Other Stations 其他器材

Sit-up bench 腹肌板

Elliptical 椭圆仪

Monkey bars 云梯

Stretch bars 压腿架

Bike station 健骑机

Rower 划船器

Leg press 蹬力训练器