一、in time 意为“及时,适时”,表示动作在时间内或提前发生,例如:

I hope you'll remit me the money in time.

我希望你能及时把钱汇寄给我。

打开网易新闻 查看更多图片

We were just in time for the bus.

我们刚好赶上那班公共汽车。

Wake me up in time.

到时叫醒我。

Youmustget there in time even if the weather should change.

即使天气变化,你也要按时赶到。

二、on time 意为“准时,按时”, 表示动作在规定时间发生,例如:

We can certainly have the job finished on time.

我们肯定能按时完成任务。

You must be there on time.

你务必要按时到达那里。

For once you leave bang on time for work.

你终于有一次准点上班去了。

三、两者区别

1、在表示“不迟到”的意思时,两者经常可以互换,例如:

The road is closed. I won’t be able to get to work in time / on time.

这条路是封闭的。我不能按时上班。

2、当有具体的规定时间时,用 on time 显得更自然,例如:

The meeting has been scheduled for 3 pm. Please arrive on time.

会议安排在下午3点。请准时到达。

3、当要强调不迟到的时候,用 in time 更合理,因为字面上理解,虽然没准时,但是还是及时的,例如:

打开网易新闻 查看更多图片

I didn’t arrive at the cinema on time,butI still arrived in time to see thewholefilm.

我没有按时到达电影院,但我还是及时赶到看了整部电影。